Monday, March 11, 2013

Drawing as walking or Navigation

3.) Watch Your Step


When thinking about what I wanted to do for this project, I decided that I liked the walking aspect most.  Watching a video where one artist walked in a straight line, walking through buildings and all, my thoughts focused on what I used to do as a kid. When I was younger, I remember coming across a stone on the sidewalk and ended up kicking it and following in its path until I had lost it. I wanted to further emphasize on this by causing everyones attention by doing something that is normally not seen. This is where I decided to walk as if I was Tightrope walking. In order to do so, I had tied about three different yarns together and formed them into a ball of yarn that I tied to a stop sign. From there I kicked it and followed in its path, the same path I take most of the time when I walk around St. Augustine. When I got to the end, I had literally just walked away like normal to emphasize how we normally walk. I found myself very unbalanced in the process and almost falling to the ground in a few places here and there. I really did need to watch my step more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment