Drawing as Nothing:
4.) It pours when it pours
In the beginning, I had a few difficulties with coming up with something for this project and so I looked into Yoko Ono's "Cut" piece for inspiration. I loved the fact that her clothes were being cut off of her body, not by her, but other people after a simple command she gave them along with a choice. I thought to myself, people can change and "draw" for you so why can't nature. For my piece, I decided to use this method with drops of water left after a rain storm since it sprinkled on and off that day. I put on clothes that would show the change and found a spot under Kenan that kept dripping more and more and stood under it. As the video progresses, you can begin to see the water seep down into the fibers of my shirt as well as my bangs and glasses falling down near the end. I decided to do this because the drawing is nothing. I'm not doing anything except for standing in the way of the water and the ground. The raindrops are doing all of the drawing for me as it seeps into my shirt. Sort of like Yoko sitting there on the floor as everyone else cuts off a piece of her clothing, doing the work for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment