One Mark Against Many:
2.) My "Abbey Road"
Viewing many different performances of artists as "one mark against many" I had decided to take it to a different approach. Rather than standing there in everyones way, I had decided to move back and forth in a straight line without moving out of the way of people while I had a straight face on. Doing so, I wanted to draw attention to myself to make myself that mark against many others. To do so, I wore a tank top and shorts in freezing cold weather while walking back and forth across the street. Many people looked at me and kept commenting which is what I wanted to cause. Also, I had decided to go against the crowds by walking out in front of cars and stopping them, which is why I picked the busiest street that crosses St. George street. At one point I crossed in front of a car which caused a crowd to do the same after I got to the other side and so I crossed again in front of them, and in the video, you can see the lady rolling up her window after she tried to yell at me. I wanted to show how normally a person such as myself gets lost within the crowd and becomes just another face. I wanted to bring this forth by staying a person in the crowd by crossing the street when everyone else did, yet staying different by wearing the wrong atire to spark interest and stand out. I was the opposite from everyone else, making myself that mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment