Project Numero Trace:
Yarn
1.) Why quit when your still healthy and green?
While looking around for an object to call to peoples attention, I had noticed some plants underneath benches that randomly grew out of the concrete. Although this was not good enough for me until I stumbled upon a small plant in the designated smoking area with a cigarette next to it leaning upwards as if the plant was actually smoking. This was a tiny object that I wanted to call a lot of attention to and so I first started out by trying to create a large mass of white yarn to look like smoke coming from the cigarette, with red surrounding the plant and the cigarette to show how harmful it is for you even though this plant is the last one standing. After having that go completely wrong while I was presenting it and the whole thing fell apart. I had decided to just create my original idea. So I went back out to it and sat around for fifty minutes and wrapped one layer at a time, a mass of red yarn surrounding the tiny green plant and its cigarette. Since I had done that, people have been stopping by and asking why the plant has a cigarette and what I was doing. Since the plant is so tiny and in such a hidden place, I was relieved that everyone could see it from the front as well as behind since the yarn wrapped around both the front and back legs on the left side of the bench. The red allows the yarn to not only look good next to the green like on christmas morning, but also draws a lot of attention due to the brightness and randomness of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment