Saturday, April 13, 2013

Place#21: The Old Senator


This was one of the final videos that I had filmed. In the beginning it started out as a simple question, "where is the senator? Is he behind that tree?" And the more I asked this on the actual trolley, the less people would respond to me. I did not get a response at all out of anyone each time. And so I had decided to create a video that shows my confusion itself and the lack of communication between me and the tourists without playing that exact situation. In order to do so, I took a clip I had filmed from the actual trolley and had placed in certain pictures of the old senator in the midst of it to create confusion because that part of the trolley ride has nothing to do with the tree, yet the tree is the only thing being questioned. That is because that was the only thing on my mind. Especially the first time I went on that trolley ride. They always joke about the old senator being there for 500 years and act as if he is a person when in fact, he is a tree. It confused me the first time because I thought they were talking about an actual person by the way they sounded even though I knew no one lived that long. And so I wanted to capture that by listing the questions that came to mind when told that I was going to see the Old Senator. These were as followed: Is he behind that tree? What are his policies? Will he be running next term?

No comments:

Post a Comment