Before:
After:
The next paintbrush I had decided to make was a paintbrush out of grass. I chose grass because it is an unusual medium that we normally forget to acknowledge. Also the textures of this fiber varied and were way different from hair, and so I wanted to see that difference. Doing so, I had again, used it like it was a regular paintbrush. Although, this time, while I was washing it in the sink, I had noticed the bristles of the grass were slowly breaking off because they were so fragile. While painting, this showed. The strokes were more coarse and harsh, showing that I used grass to paint rather than an actual brush. Each time I had washed it, more and more began to break away. Also in the second picture of it you can see how the paint had stained the grass itself after I tried to wash it completely off. It is a very interesting fiber to paint with if you want more texture. And it dries pretty quickly compared to the other brushes I made after it.
No comments:
Post a Comment