FIBER
1.) Human Hair
Before:
After:
The idea behind this experiment came from my painting class. I had noticed that most brushes are created out of horse hair and so I wanted to take that further into consideration and see if my own hair would act the exact same way as the horse hair. Infact, it did. After I carved the brush out of balsa wood and attached my own hair at the end, I used it as a normal paintbrush. I had gotten it wet, then dipped it in acrylic paint, and then painted, cleaned it off with water, and repeated the process till I created a picture. I had noticed that it had painted the exact same way, as well as dried and everything the same way. Therefore, I had created a duplicate of a regular paintbrush. I wanted to further explore this idea by creating more paintbrushes out of different fibers.
No comments:
Post a Comment