Monday, February 25, 2013

Eradication:
1.) Childhood Memories


When thinking of eradication, one of the first things that popped into my head was the thought of eradication of the mind. Having an aunt that lives with Alzheimers, I've always thought about how our brain erases memories throughout our brains daily without us even noticing. Some memories go so deep that they are erased completely or forgotten. Especially about things we did days ago on a plain old boring day. This brought to my attention those old memory games I used to play when I was a kid. You would have to memorize where the word or picture was and find it as fast as you possibly could. That is why I drew my own memory game. I had drawn it in a little kids, simple cartoon style to emphasize it being a game as well as making it harder for me to figure out which is which because you can't see through the back of them. Playing it I had realized that I was right, and my brain was not able to draw out the exact location I left myself. I played this a few times but only decided to show me playing two times because each time it was the same.

2.) The art of smashing things


This was a simple idea of mine after viewing a half crushed animal cracker on the floor. I wanted to show the eradication of food in a different process rather than just eating the breadstick. Here I had set everything in the place I wanted it and slowly counted down and stepped on the breadstick with more force each time, driving it into the paper. I was drawing out eradication with my bodies weight as well as its movements. Even though the food did not erase completely, the particles broke down more and more to show its own form of erasing. 

3.) All scary things will soon be gone


Much like last semester, I wanted to do another make up piece. This time I didn't cake it on and drag it out as long. I wanted to show this because of the process it takes everyday to doll yourself up and have it just eradicated through steps as the day drags on. Whether it's waterproof or not, makeup wears off like everything else you cake on your face. To show this in a shorter amount of time I had sped the video up and did the whole thing in one sitting and then rewinding it to give the sense that its being erased by the very tool that made the mark. By drawing the marks, eradication is clearly easily seen. 

4.) The Incident 


One of the saddest moments of a college students life is to lose money, whether they are buying something nice for themselves or not. I chose to show a video of myself taking out 80 dollars from my bank account in order to buy myself a very expensive Bob Dylan vinyl record. I started out with the bank and a picture of my wallet and the money to show how I had the money at the time. After this I showed "The Incident" where I bought my album from the record store owner and then showed a picture of my new amount in my wallet as well as my cash spilling out and running away from the wallet. This whole video is done as if it is a commercial warning people to watch out for something very serious because I think the eradication of ones bank account is very serious yet funny when you think about it in this specific way. That is why I chose to put in all the words and the change leaving in the end. The eradication of my bank account just multiplied the store owners. 


5.) Holy Eraser!

This is not water! Although it involves water, I wanted to show eradication a bit more clearly by showing inked water leaving the cup through holes and draining down the sink, erasing from the top side. By adding the blue ink, I allowed the water to be seen a bit more clearly. I drew by poking holes in specific places to not only show the holes I poked, but to also show the different levels you have to poke in order for the water to drain a specific way. It was best shown in a video because it shows the time laps of the water leaving rather than pictures which take forever. 

6.) Shaving off a few pounds

About two years ago, I had lost about 60 pounds going on a raw food diet. That is the number one eradication Americans want for themselves is to have the fat disappear off of the, and lose weight. 
Since it is not possible to show this time laps in this time frame, I had decided to take a series of pictures of me shedding the clothes right off of my body like how fat sheds off of it. I put on many layers, layering the bigger and stretchier clothes on top to make my body appear bigger. I had an unhappy looking face on the whole time to emphasize the struggle during this process. There I just stripped down until I had one layer left. Although this video had not been blurry when I made it, after uploading it on youtube, the part where I took my pants off had mysteriously blurred, probably due to youtube. This works in a way showing how people are normally private about their weight. But other than that it is a very straight forward video that shows the eradication of clothes as well as weight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment