Wednesday, February 20, 2013

6.) Cotton

Before:
After:


Cotton was the final fiber I had decided to use simply because I had just gotten my ears pierced and had to use cotton swabs to clean my ears. I had decided to see if the cotton would act the same off of the cotton swab as well as how it compared to a regular paintbrush. It was strangely easy to make by taking apart cotton swabs and attaching them together on the brush. When wetting it, all of the different strands had fused together to create a more realistic paintbrush. Dipping it in paint as also easy, but painting the picture was difficult. There wasn't much control because the very tip of it was so skinny that the more pressure you used, the lower part just painted everything. This would be a really good brush to use for tiny fine detail or dots, so it did act somewhat like a cotton swab. After rinsing it, however, the cotton brush was the most stained out of all of them. I think this is due to the fact that it's white and cotton is a fiber we use for clothing because it is good at absorbing the color. The time to dry as well took about a whole day. So all of these brushes are nice to use for different strokes and detail, but only my hair was able to get the same results as a regular paintbrush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment